Pastor Jane Shin graduated from Ontario Theological Seminary (currently Tyndale Seminary) in 1997 with my MDiv in Christian Counselling. God has graciously provided her with many opportunities of growth in this much needed area of help, encouragement and direction.
Here are some things she would like for you to know about Pastoral Counselling:
- Pastoral Counselling is for regular people. It is a place where people come to receive clarity, tools, and direction to deal with difficult issues, decisions and losses.
- Pastoral Counselling is Bible-based, Spirit-guided, Christ-exalting and God-centred service.
- Pastoral Counselling offers a safe and confidential space to share and receive professional yet biblical help/counsel.
- Pastoral Counselling enhances your discipleship by working through unresolved issues and relationships as well as unhealthy habits. With the help, the power and the conviction of the Holy Spirit, these hindrances to your spiritual growth are recognized and removed.
- Pastoral Counselling is a journey of experiencing God’s amazing grace and mighty power at work in our personal and relational brokenness.
Here are some reasons why you may consider counselling (this list was compiled by Dan Mitchell):
- I need an objective point of view to help me sort out problems, difficulties, decisions or losses.
- I have experienced unexpected, and unwanted life changes and found that my usual coping skills are not working. For example, unemployment, relationship break-ups, grief over a loss.
- I feel it’s time to work through (rather than around) past hurts, relationships, or negative life situations.
- There is really nothing wrong! However, I want to live in the God given potential, and want a professional to assist me in the journey toward healthy personal growth.
- I am concerned about issues that are too intimate to discuss with friends and family.
- I have tried to help myself but the problem still persists.
- I am experiencing one of these issues: anxiety, stress, depression, time management, anger, identity issues, and faith crisis.
Counselling is available in our church by appointment only.
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Jane Shin at firstname.lastname@example.org