The vision for AWANA is to help children and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. AWANA stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed which comes from the Bible in 2 Timothy 2:15 which says,
“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
Our AWANA club teaches the gospel of Christ to children from preschool (age 3) to grade 6. Throughout the program, children are rewarded for memorizing Bible verses and completing character-building activities with their AWANA team. Every week we offer the children a fun environment and a comfortable place to learn and grow along with peers who share their faith.
Throughout the year, children learn:
- Respect – respect for the awesomeness and authority of God
- Wisdom – a biblical foundation of wisdom for knowing God
- Grace – living in God’s grace in relationship with others
- Destiny – destiny is found in following the calling and will of God
- Perspective – perspective to trust in God’s sovereignty over all things
Schedule: We meet every WEDNESDAYS at 7:30pm to 8:45pm in the Immanuel Chapel (Rm 108). We follow the School year, therefore, break during July and August. The two-week Christmas break and March Break is also off.
- 7:20-7:30 Welcome
– 7:30-7:45 Big Group Time (Brief Sermon)
– 7:45-8:10 Handbook Time (Scripture Memory check in small groups)
– 8:10-8:35 Game Time
– 8:35-8:45 Award Time and Goodbye
Please contact Pastor Edgar Nho for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2018-2019 season begins on Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
- The registration form, flyer and letter are available at the Welcome Centre or click on the previous links. Completed forms can be submitted at the CoaH office or on Sept. 12th.
- AWANA is looking for teachers that will serve every Wednesday from 7-8:45pm. Volunteers need to have completed membership class and D1. Contact Pastor Edgar Nho (email@example.com) for more info.